November 26, 2014

Arduino LED matrix Hangeul(한글) Displayer

I like Blogger because it supports Unicode (like its a thing now hehe)

I made a 한글(Hangeul, the Korean alphabet) displayer. I find the Korean script very cool. It is so simple. I like it. And thats why I used it here.

An Arduino Uno controls a MAX7219 IC. This IC multiplexes the 64 LEDs of the LED matrix. The LED matrix is a one colored red colored one(lol), but I have a bi-colored matrix, so I will extend this project for that.

The wiring was actually harder than the coding. The code is very simple, just some binary data for the alphabet and some code to send that to the IC. It uses the LedControl library. Big help from this webpage: http://playground.arduino.cc/Main/LEDMatrix

I tried adding sound to this thing, but I thought it would disturb anyone who will use this to actually learn some Korean, so I just removed it.

Thanks for reading!



한글로 보기: http://blog.naver.com/mangodaniel/220192904732

No comments:

Post a Comment